Latest Social Media Statistics For 2023
Including social media in your cross-channel marketing strategy is crucial because of the vast audience it can reach.
Since the number of social media users is expected to grow to over 4 billion by 2022, it will be more crucial than ever to analyse the scope and influence of each platform.
If you’re looking for social media marketing data for 2023, we’ve got more than 100 statistics for you to use.
Future Predictions of Social Media Engagement for 2023
The rise of social media in recent years has demonstrated the importance of including these cutting-edge channels of communication when promoting a product or service. Let’s examine the shifts in social media engagement that have occurred between now and 2022. Incorporate this year’s social media statistics into your strategy.
- There are 4.76 billion people on the planet who use social media as of January 2023.
- It is estimated that 5.07 billion people, or roughly 63.5% of the global population, are active internet users.
- With an average of 6 new users signing up for a social media platform every second, the total number of active users has increased by 190 million over the past year, or 4.2% annually.
- Nine out of ten people who have access to the internet use social networks at least once a month.
- Currently, the percentage of people who are social media users exceeds 75% worldwide. (Those without access to the internet aren’t included in this tally.)
- The typical social media user visits 7.2 sites each month.
- The average daily time spent on social media platforms is near 2.5 hours.
- Daily global social media use exceeds 10 billion hours.
- There are currently 6.648 billion smartphone users in the world; this represents nearly 83.07% of the global population.
- According to eMarketer’s forecasts, by 2023, fewer than 15% of Facebook’s users will be under the age of 25.
- By 2023, 44% of TikTok’s users will be under the age of 25.
Common Social Media Platforms in 2023
According to their MAUs (monthly active users), here are the 15 most popular social networks as of January 2023:
- In terms of Facebook, $2.9 billion
- 2.5 billion views on YouTube
- With 2 billion users, WhatsApp has broken the billion mark.
- Two Billion Instagram Users
- A staggering 1,300,000,000 people use WeChat every day!
- One Billion Views on TikTok
- 931% of all Facebook users use Messenger.
- The value of 715 million Douyin
- A total of 700,000,000 telegrams were sent.
- 635.0 million users of Snapchat
- A total of 626,000,000 in Kuaishou
- There are 584 million active users on Sina Weibo, while 574 million use QQ.
- 556 million people use Twitter.
- Incredibly, there are 445,000,000 users on Pinterest.
Predictions for the Future of TikTok Based on Data from 2023
TikTok is a great marketing tool for brand, not just a place to share memes and viral videos. Chipotle, Nike, The Washington Post, and The Ellen Show are just a few examples of brands that are very present on TikTok.
TikTok provides a number of channels for reaching your demographic, whether you’re a restaurant or a company with a product to promote.
You can leverage TikTok’s marketing potential by thinking outside the box and establishing connections with established influencers. Are you interested in learning more about how TikTok can benefit your company? Read on to learn how you can use the most recent data and trends from TikTok to inform your advertising campaigns.
User Ages And Sexes On TikTok
- Females make up 24.7% of all active TikTok users, with males 18–24 accounting for 18.1%.
- Females make up 17% of all active TikTok users, while males between the ages of 25 and 34 make up only 13.6% of the user base.
- Six percent of all TikTok users are women, and five percent are men between the ages of 35 and 44.
- Around the world, women make up 3.2% of all active TikTok users, while men between the ages of 45 and 54 account for just 2.8%.
- Only 1.7% of all TikTokers are women, while 1.4% are men aged 55 and up.
- Use of TikTok Among Different Age Groups
- TikTok is used by 421.1 million people (39.8%) between the ages of 18 and 24.
- 306.7 million people (or 29%) between the ages of 25 and 34 use TikTok.
- One hundred thirty-eight million (12.9%) adults between the ages of 35 and 44 are TikTok users.
- TikTok is used by 75,3 million (7.2%) people aged 45-54.
- TikTok has an audience of 83.6 million users (or 8%) aged 55 and up.
The Gender Distribution of TikTok Users
- The majority of TikTok’s users are female (56.2 percent).
- TikTok has primarily male users (43.8%).
- Number of TikTok Users Worldwide
- About 140,6 million people in the United States use TikTok on a monthly basis.
- Roughly 106.9 million people in Indonesia use TikTok on a regular basis.
- Approximately 74 million people in Brazil use TikTok regularly.
- There are approximately 56,3 million TikTok users in the Russian Federation.
- About 51,3 million people in Mexico regularly use TikTok.
- A total of roughly 49.6 million people in Vietnam use TikTok.
- There are approximately 42.7 million TikTok users in the Philippines.
- Around 39.5 million Thais use TikTok regularly.
- At present, there are approximately 30.8% million TikTok users in Turkey.
- Approximately 25.2% of the UK population are regular TikTok users.
The Time Has Come to End This!
These social media marketing insights will help you, whether you are the head of your own business or a member of your company’s social media team, understand the shifting dynamics of the most important social media platforms and devise an effective social marketing strategy for the year 2023.